Enjoy a tour of the Funkatorium, the Southeast’s only Sour and Wild dedicated tasting room and barrel house. Learn about the unique processes of this niche style of beer while viewing the 600+ barrels currently aging beer. Tours of this facility offer an in depth look into the precise practices of fermenting ales with wild yeasts and bacteria, while allowing guests to taste some of the most unique beers the craft has to offer.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled tour or you risk loosing your spot to walk ups.
- Guests participating in tasting must be 21 with valid ID - children and adolescents (for their safety) must be supervised by an adult at all times. Valid ID's include a military ID, a current Driver's Licenese from any state, a current North Carolina ID card and a current passport.
- Please be prepared to tip your tour guide.
- Cash and Credit Card accepted for tipping and payment
- Safety glasses will be provided to you.
- Closed toed shoes are strongly recommended.
- Please do not touch equipment (including barrels) unless otherwise directed by your tour guide.
- We reserve the right to refuse service and/or ask guest to leave if they become unruly or compromise the safety of others.
- Online tour sign ups will close 2 hours before scheduled time.
- Feel free to come to the breweries at least 10 minutes before the tour time to see if there is space available. Tour guide will make an announcement if there is space available.
- If you signed up for tours at both Burial Beer Co. and Wicked Weed Funkatorium - you will receive two confirmation emails that you need to bring with you to the tour.
- Children between the ages of 13 and 20 need to sign up for the educational experience for $8 per person and must attend with an adult. Children 12 and under do need to sign up and reserve a spot but their tour is complimentary. Those who are booking as a child 12 and under or a non-drinker must register with an adult/someone 21 + participating in the full tour.